Sunday, September 9, 2012

3.5 flat training miles

Knees warmed up better/sooner than yesterday, and steering is becoming more precise.

Exercises were easier to do, once home, than if I hadn’t warmed up on bike.

Stretched, did light carpentry, mowed lawn. Still, legs felt real stiff before my shower.

Unsettling stiffness and knee-unreliability during the rest of the day. Don’t know what to make of it, because when simply climbing the stairs, knees and legs feel like they’re improving.

THEORY, as of 8 pm: This daily ride, no matter how gently I take it, is making my legs over-tired, for lack of a better term. But somehow it doesn’t feel unhealthy. And since I very much want to be able to start off every day on the bicycle, since it’s a great warm-up and makes the other exercises go better, I’m going to keep it up for the next couple of days, on the hunch that my leg muscles will adapt – and my knee joints will survive.

Of course on Tuesday we’re off to the beach for six days, which means six days with no bicycle … and six days for the cycling muscles to rest. Which may be a good thing.

Then, when I get back, I can attempt it – cycling every day – again.

No comments:

Post a Comment