Tuesday, May 22, 2012

11.6 miles (1:21) and feeling great

BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP IN WEEKS. Got up feeling an itch to ride, so checked the weather. But it was rain, rain, rain. Finally, around 10, I decided to hell with it, and went out in the rain.

The rain stopped after a while. About 6 miles out I stopped at a Fred Meyer to do some shopping and get an espresso. The plan was to take it easy, and I did.

Got home about 12:30, had some soup, a protein drink, did a minimal amount of stretching, and took a nap. Went to sleep. Got up, showered, and felt better than I have in weeks.

Now around 9:45, I still feel exceptionally good. Only a little stiff, even though I spent no time cooling off.

I don't know what to make of it, but I think the stress of the two orchestras has been costing me good sleep. And I think without good sleep, I can't make much progress in my training.

Time will tell. Tomorrow we'll hike to Winco, but beyond that I don't plan any exertion.

I need to get back to doing some core exercises, but I want to wait until I have more energy. If I force myself to do them when I don't have the energy, I think it will backfire. And after today, I feel very optimistic about getting my energy back.



No comments:

Post a Comment