Monday, May 7, 2012

Boy, was I wrong! (Today is a day of rest.)

About my nap, yesterday.

At 3:15, I felt fine. Felt no need for a nap. I'd even weathered an hour-long violin lesson at noon, on my feet. My legs were very tired at the end of the lesson, but by 3:00 I felt like I'd recovered. I felt comfortable and energetic.

Then I went to the library, where a search for a historical atlas of Italy (1780-1800) ended keeping me on my feet for another hour. At the end of which I was suddenly very, very tired. Desperately so.

I got home at about 5:00 and although it seemed far too late for a nap, I collapsed on the bed and tried to sleep. But I couldn't relax, couldn't doze off.

So I got up around 6, and although I'd originally planned to get some more violin practice in, I was too beat to even attempt it. I spent the rest of the evening vegging out on the couch, watching netflix.

So today I've taken it easy, And it's been a good day. Better than I expected in terms of energy, comfort, and stiffness.

Tomorrow I'll ride again, for sure. But I may have to re-think this idea of riding every day. At least for now.

UPDATE: Around 3:30, I realized I could probably doze off if I tried, so I tried. Slept soundly for an hour. I could have fought it off, but I'm going on the theory that sleep is good. And tonight I have Hillsboro orchestra rehearsal, and I want to be as rested as possible for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment