Wednesday, May 9, 2012

3.3 mi. in 22 min and 2 more mi. on foot

After coming home with groceries I wanted to get an interlibrary loan book from the library so I rode over.

Now at 4 pm, my legs are stiff, but I'm not overly tired and not (yet) sleepy.

I feel like my knees have definitely benefited from this frequent cycling, and I hope I can keep it up. I seem much more confident coming down stairs, for instance. That feeling of the knee buckling seems to have gone away. The little stabilizing muscles above and below the knee are more responsive and feel as though they're stronger, and in no need of a rest.

The larger muscles -- calves, hamstrings, quads -- feel as though they could use a rest. They also feel as though they'l survive if I keep up this pace. So for now, that's what I plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment