Friday, April 27, 2012

Recovering nicely

Today I took it easy, and I'm getting energy back. Almost nine hours of sleep last night, not sleepy at all during the day, not even tempted to take a nap.

I often hear that the elderly don't need as much sleep as younger people. I also often hear that the elderly should be careful not to exert themselves too much. Well, for me it seems best to exert myself in gradually increasing doses, interspersed with plenty of rest.

Good news on the bursar front: the one-legged bridges are definitely paying off. Discomfort after long periods of sitting is much reduced. And I can feel the muscles in my glute, hamstring, and lower back getting stronger. I can now do a count of 30 easier than I could do 15, a couple of weeks back.

A little success like that is a real shot in the arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment