Sunday, July 1, 2012

FOURTH DAY OF REST. RECOVERY CONTINUES

9:30am -- Awoke with a general sense that I'm recovering in comparison to yesterday. But -- and I don't know how much of this is simply anxiety about my possibly waning powers of recuperation -- I'm relieved that I decided not to ride, today.


I find it difficult to describe some of the symptoms. "Fatigue," and "stiffness" are too vague. Then there is the question of degree. How fatigued, how stiff?

Both my system and my legs seem to be more recovered than yesterday, but not quite up to "normal" (whatever that means in my case).

2:45pm: My legs -- the leg muscles --are definitely more responsive and reliable than yesterday.

4:30: 10-min walk to New Seasons and back confirms I'm DEFINITELY ON THE UPSWING.

RECOVERY MEASUREMENT: CLIMBING STAIRS: Two days ago, my heart was pounding when I got upstairs. Today, I hardly notice it. Other stair-specific parameters might be muscle strain/tiredness and joints, especially left knee. Maybe I can assign a number. 0-5, 0 being no discomfort, 5 being really bad.

At bedtime, I still feel like I'm very near complete recovery, and plan to hike tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment