Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cooling my heels and reviewing. Discouraged

I shouldn't have been looking for a quick fix from Dawn, yesterday. If anything I'm more confused, and therefore demoralized, than ever.

She suggested more protein and more stretching, and she renewed my awareness of the importance of hydration. So I've been attending to all three, today, while I essentially take it easy.

I stretched for about 15 minutes, and I think I'm marginally less stiff, but I'm by no means certain of that. I've eaten protein at breakfast and lunch. I've been drinking plenty of water. Bottom line: although resting comfortably, I feel minor but unsettling symptoms when I move around. Strolling down for the mail left me breathing harder than I'd like. And I felt groggy as I went. I'm not sleepy enough for a nap, but I'm not alert enough to want to talk to anyone.

It's such a beautiful day that I'd be tempted to ride in spite of everything if it weren't for the fact that I have to see Dr. Dave tomorrow morning, and I want to be at my best in order to try to resolve several issues.

Accuweather calls for sun all day tomorrow, with Saturday cloudy. I'm undecided about which day to ride on, and may just go on impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment