Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Day of Rest

Awoke with whole-body fatigue, which had kept me from sleeping soundly. Reminds me of the fatigue I felt after the season’s first day of skiing, back in NY, 15-20 years ago. Slight nausea for the first hour or so after I got up, plus the sense that I could at any moment get a chill. I’m taking an ibuprofen, and taking it as easy as possible,

To put it in context: If I were at Dewey Beach, 20 years ago, and felt like this, I’d just have a beer or two and sit around watching the waves, without worrying about it.

Later (10:30am): Resting more comfortably. Symptoms less extreme.

Bedtime: I got more and more comfortable as day went on. Legs not only felt less stiff and sore, but stronger, as well. I was a bit tired/sleepy during late afternoon, but only a little bit. Perhaps I’m simply recovering quickly – or this might just be the lull before the storm. I haven’t taken the time to look at my previous posts on this, but it seems to me that the SECOND DAY has often been worse than the first.

I’m really curious about what tomorrow brings…

No comments:

Post a Comment