Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vacationing at home

Even before I got out of bed, this morning, I sensed I had more energy.

I was in bed reading before 10, last night -- after a day of conscientious loafing, conscious relaxation. We even watched netflix in the afternoon -- unprecedented. We were trying to get the feeling of going on vacation while at home. I think it helped us both relax. And I slept really well, from soon after ten until 6:30, when I actually felt like getting up. Once out of bed, I could tell my legs were less stiff than yesterday.

Now, at 8 am, I still have the sense that I could use more rest, another good night or two of good sleep. I feel as though I'm unwinding, reminiscent of the feeling I remember of waking up after the 2nd or 3rd day at the beach.

Now, at 10, I'm still not ready for exertion. I could exert myself if I had to -- could even jazz myself up enough to ride 15 or 20 miles, but my guess is that it would set me back.

NAP AT NOON

5:00 -- BACK FROM SESSION WITH DAWN. She had good suggestions re stretching (hold for 10 seconds or longer) protein (120 grams/day, more after exertion) and seaweed (several varieties, with several ways to consume).

No comments:

Post a Comment